As explained in one of my previous posts, it is highly recomended to perform maintenance on your Exchange Server. Using tools like ExMerge, you can archive old mails or mails for closed mailboxes and thus reduce storage size. But what happens when we need to view the content of the resulting PST file?
First of all, we can always open the PST with Outlook. However we can use a separate tool to achieve that: Outlook PST Viewer.
The software is very simple to use and completely free.
- View PST files without having MS Outlook installed.
- Open & view password protected .pst files without a password.
- View Outlook messages, OLE embedded objects without MAPI or Outlook.
- View PST files with exact email formatting.
- View PST files & restore all its meta data like To, Cc, Bcc, From, Sent & Received date.
- Reads PST files and extracts all MAPI properties.
- View PST files with Internet header.
- Software recovers Rich Text, HTML or Text formatting of emails stored in PST files.